| Parent Index
| Build Freedom: Archive
Avoiding Copyright Infringements of Neo-Tech Properties
Neo-Tech Publishing (NTP) welcomes and encourages the honest, properly credited use of its copyrighted material on both free-and-commercial websites. Several websites are, however, unwisely infringing Neo-Tech copyrights. Those infringements are both poor business and easily avoided as per the following notice sent to a website owner infringing NTP's copyrighted property:
Follow-Up Notice of Infringement
Your response of 4/11/00 to our original Notice of Infringement is appreciated along with your subsequent attempt to remedy in part your copyright infringements by putting a proper notice of credit to Neo-Tech on you home page. You, however, still miss essential points of both copyright infringement and Neo-Tech business concepts:
- Ideas alone are not or should not be copyrightable. Neo-Tech Publishing, moreover, welcomes properly credited, honest use of Neo-Tech copyrighted material on the Internet. But, NTP must protect its intellectual property from theft, misrepresentation, and infringement
- Significant portions of your materials are near-total, close-copied paraphrasing of NTP's copyrighted literature and brochures, not only in content but also in style and format. Such paraphrasing constitutes copyright infringements more harmful than if copied word for word. The copyrighted NTP works have far-reaching commercial values, not only for NTP but for all NT-oriented businesses. If such copyright infringements are not prosecuted, copyright protections are weakened and can even be lost. You might recall one of your heroes, Ayn Rand, identified copyright protection of intellectual property as one of the most important and valid areas of law. Moreover, she identified that the copying of intellectual property and presenting it as one's own creation is an atrocious act of theft.
- Your infringements were not proper. You lifted years of intense, blood-and-sweat efforts requiring hundreds of drafts and edits. You mutilated those works through low-effort paraphrasing and then presented them as your own creations in unwise personal promotion and advertising on the web and Usenet newsgroups. An NTP author, Eric Savage, previously warned you directly of your infringements of Dr. Frank R. Wallace's work.
- Disingenuously scattering a few generalized credits to Neo-Tech far removed from the infringed material satisfies nothing. Listing Neo-Tech as a general reference shuffled among listings of non-plagiarized references is simply a smoke screen for covering copyright infringements.
- Every "fictionalized" metaphor used throughout NTP literature, brochures, and advertising is anchored in honest, objective fact. But, on paraphrasing that work as one's own, those metaphors become just plain dishonest fiction anchored in nothing. ...Such paraphrasing infringements harmfully mutilate and misrepresent NT ideas and goals.
- The use of multiple screen names on the NTN boards and Usenet newsgroups to give the appearance of others supporting such infringements is not helpful...or smart.
- Your infringed works mostly reflect misunderstandings of Neo-Tech's moral and business concepts as follows:
- With its liberal-permission policy, NTP generously allows proper use of NT ideas and concepts by individuals and businesses. NTP liberally grants permissions for Internet use of its copyrighted material, except its advertising copy and brochures. In return, NTP asks for full-and-proper acknowledgments of its intellectual creations and copyrighted properties. Also, (1) NTP has no general objection to paraphrasing its literature so long as that fact is made crystal clear to every reader at the start of each such paraphrased section. That notice of fact should include clear references, preferably with URL links, so the readers may easily refer and compare to the original NTP sources. (2) For each directly quoted section (e.g., FRW's Constitution of the Universe or his Individual-Rights Amendment), clear and complete credit must be given, preferably with a URL link. Additionally, (3) anyone is free to interpret or criticize NTP literature in any way he or she chooses. But, copied or paraphrased work must never be passed off as one's own creation.
- An essential point of Neo-Tech business concepts is to always amplify and take advantage of one's roots. Every benefit and potential that grows from those roots are undermined and eventually lost on cutting or denying them. By contrast, overtly emphasized connections to those roots are a constant source of expanding power and profitable advantages. You lost those long-range advantages by denying the root source of your material, especially your copied and paraphrased material. You took the wrong route in trying to pass off the agonizingly hard-earned, creative work of others as your own. Such a route might gain some transitory esteem from others, but is a most unwise personal-and-business approach that guarantees ultimate failure -- both personal and business.
- A beautifully benevolent tenet of Neo-Tech is that anyone can turn negative-loser situations into profitable long-range-winning benefits. How? By replacing actions based on ego feelings with actions based on business smarts -- by replacing (1) short-range, ego/parasitical benefits based on free-ride illusions with (2) long-range, aggressive/honest actions based on wide-scope realities. Such persons and businesses, including you and your Internet work, can achieve open-ended success through objectively understanding and honestly implementing Neo-Tech's moral and business concepts.
- Publicly and fully recognizing the creations of NTP is the smart and just way to turn a losing situation into a winning one. Such fair-and-honest actions also advance Neo-Tech and its goals to your and everyone else's benefit.
- Please realize, however, that the business managers at NTP are also the creators of its literature. That business/author/editor/publisher responsibility is the most time-demanding combination imaginable, especially while constantly confronting the criminal guns-and-fists aspects of politicized governments worldwide. Thus, those principals are always working in a time-desperation mode in driving toward their goal of commercial, non-aging, biological immortality here on Earth. They must not lose their race against time. They, therefore, cannot invest time in anyone else's work or evaluate even the worthiest ventures of others. They can invest time only in their own forward-moving integrations and creations.
- One of the most painful aspects for the managers at NTP is not being able to personally evaluate and respond to the many worthy communications, ventures, and proposals received daily from good and deserving people -- from sincerely enthusiastic Neo-Tech customers and supporters. Each such customer and supporter should know NTP's tacit support and hope for his or her personal and business success. Indeed, billions of individual successes worldwide will ultimately measure Neo-Tech literature and business achievements.
- Thus, each Neo-Tech entrepreneur is on his or her own. Yet, each honest entrepreneur not only has NTP's moral support, but can request and receive NTP's liberally granted permissions to use its copyrighted creations and properties when properly and fully credited to NTP and its authors. Permission requests may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finally, please recognize the time put into this response cannot be limited to a one-time use in trying to benefit your situation. NTP will, therefore, convert this response with appropriate edits into its published literature and websites for everyone's guidance and benefit.
On understanding the twelve points above, you can turn your current position into a winning one. NTP wants to support you instead of suing you. Discard unearned ego copping -- an awful obstacle for anyone wanting major, long-term business success. Be business smart. Go for the limitless business advantages available through wide-scope accounting and fully integrated honesty.
Additionally, NTP wants to benefit your website, not diminish or remove it. NTP wants open-ended success for you and others. But, success depends on honest thinking and actions. Through such honest efforts, you and others utilizing Neo-Tech on the Internet can serve in a pageant of heroes directly expanding the Neo-Tech matrix in bringing forth a universal business civilization here on Earth -- a civilization that yields commercial non-aging, biological immortality for everyone.
To reiterate the three important points for you and others using NTP's intellectual creations and copyrighted properties:
- For each directly quoted section (e.g., FRW's Constitution of the Universe or his Individual-Rights Amendment), clear and complete credit must be given, preferably with a URL link.
- NTP has no general objection to paraphrasing its literature so long as that fact is made crystal clear to every reader at the start of each such use, along with clear references, preferably with URL links, so the readers may easily refer and compare to the original NTP sources.
- Anyone is free to interpret NTP literature in any way he or she chooses. But, copied or paraphrased work must never be passed off as one's own creation.
- Please direct requests for permissions to email@example.com.
| Parent Index
| Build Freedom: Archive